Originally built in 1830 as two cottages for the furnacemen of Dodsdown brickworks, Dodsdown cottage was converted into a single dwelling in the 1930’s. It was refurbished and extended for Annabelle’s parents in 2002. The works involved total internal renewal of the main house and extension works to allow the annexe building to function as a self-contained dwelling. A studio extension is currently on site, completing spring this year.
Photographs by Philip Sayer for C20 Magazine